Duronto express is a series of long-distance with the least stoppage from the origin to the destination which is run by the Indian railways also comes under government department. Earlier these trains do not have any ticketing stops from the origin to the destination, but now from January 2016, it is possible to book tickets from that particular original stops.
Duronto means‘restless’ in Bengali. In these trains coaches have the special uniform having the colour yellow and green. These trains connect several other cities metros and other major state capitals also.
The ministry of railways which comes under the government department has been trying to come up with high speed trains in india. Besides the delhi-amritsar route which was came in 2007, several other routes came under the ministership of mrs mamta banerjee which were pune-mumbai-ahmedabad, Hyderabad-dornakal-vijaywada-chennai, Chennai-banglore-coimbatore-ernakulam-thiruvanthapuram and howrah-haldia.
Meanwhile, duronto express trains were introduced with the high speed rail network in india. The in the series which ran between sealdah and new delhi.
Efficiency and speed
Duronto trains are one of the fastest trains in india whci also run faster than the rajdhani express. For example-
- New delhi- sealdah duronto express takes 16 hours while rajdhani takes 17 hours. The journey adhere to a speed of 130km/h.
- The Chennai, sealdah, yeshwantpur and pune duronto express runs at a speed of 130 km/h.
- The howrah , Allahabad, bhubaneshwar, new delhi, secunderabad, hazrat nizamuddin, which runs at a speed of 120km/h.
- Later, further more features were introduced which came into the result of a hike in prices. Dynamic pricing is applicable on all the duronto express.
Incidents and accidents-
- In January 2010, the passengers of duronto express who were travelling from Nagpur to Mumbai have complained about the passengers who were travelling without confirmed tickets in the reservation coaches.
- In may 2010, at least 19 passengers of the duronto express were admitted to the hospitals after the consumption food supplied by train.
- In june 2010, another duronto express from the howrah to Mumbai cst faced a huge interruption as its engine and generator was detached from other trains. Although the problem was rectified within an hour.
- In june 2013 the duronto express from the hazrat nizamuddin to pune was derailed due to a landslide. Although no injuries were reported but train reached relatively 5 hours late to pune.
- In sep 2015, duronto express from secunderabad to Mumbai was derailed at martur station Karnataka. Two passengers were killed and about more than 30 injured when eight of its coaches were also derailed.
- On aug 29, Nagpur duronto express with was heading towards the Mumbai derailed due to heavy rainfall that caused mud slides . on the other no casualties were reported from the official statement by the railway department.
INTRESTING FACTS ABOUT DURONTO EXPRESS-
- Duronto express is the only train which provide same as the services which are provided in rajdhani express.
- Duronto express provide faster connectivity between the stations than other trains specially the rajdhani express which are also affordable.
- The duronto express has got the unique feature of yellow-green pattern to look different, rich from other different trains.
- Apart from all the technical stops, duronto express are converted into commercial stops as to more and more earnings.
- Train from ernakulam to nizamuddin is the longest non-stop train service by duronto express.
|S. No.||Train No.||Sector||Avg. Speed|
|1||12213||Yeshwantpur Delhi Sarai Rohilla AC Duronto Express||75 km/hr|
|2||12219||Secunderabad Mumbai Duronto Express||64 km/hr|
|3||12221||Pune Howrah Duronto Express||72 km/hr|
|4||12223||Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Ernakulam Duronto Express||77 km/hr|
|5||12227||Indore Duronto Express||65 km/hr|
|6||12239||Jaipur Duronto Express||72 km/hr|
|7||12245||Howrah Yesvantpur Duronto Express||67 km/hr|
|8||12259||Sealdah – New Delhi Duronto Express||87 km/hr|
|9||12261||Howrah Mumbai CST Duronto Express||74 km/hr|
|10||12263||Hazrat Nizamuddin Pune Duronto Express||76 km/hr|
|11||12265||Delhi Sarai Rohilla Jammu Tawi Duronto Express||64 km/hr|
|12||12267||Ahmedabad Duronto Express||77 km/hr|
|13||12269||Chennai Duronto Express||77 km/hr|
|14||12273||Howrah New Delhi Duronto Express||84 km/hr|
|15||12275||Allahabad New Delhi Duronto Express||84 km/hr|
|16||12281||Bhubaneswar Duronto Express||77 km/hr|
|17||12283||Ernakulam Duronto Express||64 km/hr|
|18||12285||Secunderabad Hazrat Nizamuddin Duronto Express||76 km/hr|
|19||12289||Nagpur Duronto express||74 km/hr|
|20||12293||Allahabad Duronto Express||70 km/hr|
|21||12297||Pune Ahmedabad Duronto Express||82 km/hr|
|22||22201||Sealdah Puri Duronto Express||64 km/hr|
|23||22203||Visakhapatnam – Secunderabad Duronto Express||73 km/hr|
|24||22205||Chennai Madurai AC Duronto Express||71 km/hr|
|25||22213||Kolkata Shalimar – Patna Duronto Express||62 km/hr|
|26||22209||Mumbai New Delhi Duronto Express||82 km/hr|
Duronto express are meant to provide comfort with the fastest connectivity at an affordable price. India is constantly developing a condition of trains at a faster pace to attract a large number of customers.